Translate

Monday 14 February 2011

A sunny day

After a walk I am here in the studio working on some new shapes for spring /summer and winter 2011
This is my favorite of the moment hand blocked and shaped with a cotton silk band and cotton embroidered Victorian black button . 
My astrakan  band recycled from a coat of my grandma's which on altering happily found out that is was faux astrakan, made so well i had been fooled, this piece i love to wear round my neck, it's both stylish and cozy .
This is a head band silk tulle with a victorian silk organza trim detail, which too a unique little neck piece worn round your neck over a polo neck,or round the wrist too .
This is a large brooch come hair piece made with vintage satin silk ribbon from the 1900's with a feather and cream and turtle shell stone detail.      
This piece i made while living in New York I love working with cord, this is the most abstract shape I made.The others were more cloche shaped, will look out some photos to post soon .

I love these two ladies I found whilst looking through some old photos I picked up, I love the trim and tall bit narrow shape of the hats, in those days no woman left their house without there hat!

  a close up of the above.



  My new materials arrived and I hope to have something nice to show you very soon until then here are some of my favorites.

2 comments:

Hazel Terry said...

Love the asymetric wave in the top image stunning. x

Gill Connon said...

The back-drop for the first photo is by Alejandro Garmendia,I love the atmosphere he creates in his work you can see more at http://alejandrogarmendia96.blogspot.com/ and http://www.alejandrogarmendia.com/ he has some videos which are interesting too :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJYG-iE9RCY